Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What I did over my snow break

 I played with Bella. She was being still (for her) and letting me pet her. We had some bonding time. I am still trying to decide about what to do with Bella. Before the snow I found out she had an ear infection. The ladies at the vet's office told me over and over, very emphatically, that I should take Bella to get trained. I am resistant to the idea because it isn't cheap. I realize she probably needs it. I just don't want to spend the money. ugh!
 This is my messy pantry before.
and after


 and all of the junk that got thrown out...well except for Bella's yellow duckie
 I painted this a and glued a ribbon on the back to make this...
 cute little bow holder! I like to wear bows in my hair. I realize some my think it is silly or childish, but I like it. Besides, I spend all day with first graders. They don't mind my bows.
In my boredom during the snow break I got crafty instead of baking. If I baked I would end up eating it all since I couldn't get out to share it with others.




 I think I am going to keep working on the headbands and make a few more.
 I also made a white scarf.
and this pink scarf to match my headband. I like to crochet, but I am not very good at it. Maybe if I keep practicing I will get better. I think my weekend project will be to make this cute little crocheted heart. It doesn't look that hard, but it requires following a pattern which is not something I am good at it. We will see how it goes. Wish me luck!

Update: I forgot to include a little bit more about my break. I brought school stuff home. I could have gotten way ahead on smart board lessons and get caught up on grading papers, although I am not all that behind due to getting report cards ready. Anyway, did I work on school stuff over my break? Heck, no! I didn't want to. I wanted to be lazy and do things I wanted to do. I took the snow week as a blessing from God. It was a surprise chance to enjoy the snow and do fun things I wanted to do. You know, the things I had energy to do unlike during the school week when I am taking naps I am so tired. Yeah, after 10 or so days at home the school week has been a shock to my system. The kids and I both are still adjusting. Thank goodness it is a four day week. I did a big cleaning of my apartment. It wasn't too bad since I hadn't let things get messy (one resolution still in play). The only thing that didn't get done is washing my sheets, so that will probably happen this weekend. I watched some movies I had been meaning to see like  Letters to Juliet and Post Grad. I really liked them both. They were predictable, but cute. I also watched New Moon and Eclipse again. I love the Twilight movies and books. One thing I didn't do was keep up with my exercising with the wii. Oh well. I did zumba last night, so all is not lost. On Saturday I had dinner with Stephanie and then we sang with the Glee game on the wii. I loved it! We also did Just Dance 2. I had never done any of the Just Dance games on the wii. It kicked my butt! We weren't exactly dressed appropriately, and after 30 minutes of so it was time for a break/ time to stop. We were laughing non-stop doing the Just Dance games. It will probably be added to my list of things to save up and buy. It was definitely a work-out!


No comments:

About Me

My photo
Alabama, United States
I graduated from the University of Alabama. I teach 1st grade. I am thankful for my many blessings.

Followers