Friday, January 14, 2011

five fun facts is back!

Last year when I was a good blogger, I did something called five fun facts on Friday's. I like alliteration. So I am bringing it back, well at least on the Friday's that I remember it and when I can think of five fun/random facts about me.

The snow week edition...

1. I don't get cabin fever easily. I have been stuck at home for almost a week due to Alabama's blizzard of 2011. Today was the second time I got out. I had lunch with school friends. Wednesday Bella went to the vet for an ear infection. I have really enjoyed the surprise winter break. I got to sleep in and nap. I cooked a real dinner almost every night (not tonight I had leftovers). I got to be crafty (more on that later). I watched a new movie (Post Grad). I read some new blogs and lots of crafty DIY blogs. It was nice to have the slow downed pace of a snow break.

2. I could NEVER live up North. Ever. The snow is pretty. The break has been lovely. However, I am thankful that I don't have to deal with snow and ice on a regular/seasonal/annual basis. I really want temperatures about freezing, way above freezing like in the 70's. I really don't like the ice. It makes the roads scary. It has also caused lots of injuries.

3. I love my job. I know my last post about teaching didn't leave a warm fuzzy feeling. Unfortunately, not everyday is great, but most are pretty good. I love the chance to be a rock star. Rock star? Yes! I joined some friends  and former student for church a few weeks ago. Another student halfway through the first hour looked behind her and spotted me. The look on her face was priceless. It was the cutest face or shock, surprise, and joy. There were several other kids that I recognized from school. The look on a kid's face when he/she sees a teacher outside of school is wonderful! I also like to go watch my students play sports. I have seen football, basketball, baseball, soccer, cheerleading, and dancing. I figure one day one of them might be a famous pro athlete and he/she can get me some really good tickets :) Of course, that's not why I go! It is fun to see little kids play sports. I hope that my students remember me cheering for them when they are older.

4. I am cheap. There I said it. My cheapness developed as a necessity. I am a teacher. I get paid enough. If I am cheap enough, I can make it until the next pay day. I hate the feeling of living pay day to pay day. However, I think learning to manage money is a tough lesson to learn. It took me a while to learn how to pay my bills properly and avoid late penalties. For me at the beginning of each month I sit down and pay every bill I have in one day. I have reminders on my phone to help me as well. I balance my check book after paying those bills, and then I know how much money I have to cover groceries, gas, and other things that come up. As much as I would like to get paid more, I know that if I got paid more and didn't have to be so careful with my money, I would really be mismanaging my money. Hopefully, one day I won't have to live barely scraping by and worrying about every penny. I am much more careful with my money now. I don't make many spur of the moment purchases. I try my very best to get things on sale or with a coupon. I hate to pay full price. I know what items I want to purchase for me and and my apartment. I have a plan as to when I am going to get each item so I don't break the bank account. I have learned how to coupon and be careful with my money. I don't mind my cheapness as much anymore. I am more proud of not paying full price for things.

5. I love holding babies. By no means does that statement mean I want to have a baby anytime soon. One day. Maybe. One of my good friends from school had a sweet little girl L back in July. She is the sweetest baby ever. I love holding her. She doesn't cry. Seriously. She rarely fusses. She is happy and content most of her days. I have a special touch with her because I can always rock her to sleep. One of the other teachers I had lunch with today said, "There is nothing sweeter than holding a sleeping baby in your arms." I completely agree. It is a very special moment to hold a tiny sleeping person in your arms. Occasionally when I am holding L a teacher will say something about me having babies of my own. I quickly point out that my name is Miss Courtney not Mrs. Courtney. There is no ring on my left ring finger. I will not be having a baby anytime soon. Besides L is the best kind of baby there is. I don't have to change her, and if she gets fussy I can give her back. Best baby ever! I don't have to deal with any of the yucky things that come with babies. I get to hold her and play with her and give her back.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Alabama, United States
I graduated from the University of Alabama. I teach 1st grade. I am thankful for my many blessings.

Followers