This a journal I got for Christmas from one of my students. At first when I saw it I thought, "Oh. A journal. I don't journal. I am lazy and I don't like to write. I prefer to type. I guess I will put it in my desk and let it gather dust there." Well, it sat in my desk for a while. Then I had a revelation. In my attempt to learn scripture I thought it would benefit me to write it down. Then it would stay in my memory and I could easily and quickly flip to it. So I started with Ephesians 4:32.
"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as Christ God forgave you."
Then another revelation occurred. God forgives me every time I mess up. All I have to do is ask for forgiveness. Not so fun fact: Forgiving others is VERY hard for me. I am not really sure why, but it is. I get mad, and stay mad for a long, long time. Now thinking back on it, I am slightly embarrassed about it. I would just stay mad and not forgive, and the only person it hurt was me. I would be mad, angry, sad, and heartbroken about it. But as I repeated that verse each night, it dawned on me that God was trying to tell me to forgive others. If He can forgive me then I can forgive others. So I prayed earnestly for God's help in forgiving some certain people in my life. I know that I can't forgive them on my own, but with God's help I can. I can do all things with God's help. So in this moment of revelation I wrote down my prayer directly under this verse. I have prayed that prayer daily, and I feel so much more at peace with the situation and with those people.
This is the prayer calendar that Asbury put together for this year. It gives scripture to read throughout the year, which I need to be better about reading. It also gives a ministry to pray about for that week. Some of the ministries are things going on over seas and last week it was the Downtown Rescue Mission in Huntsville.
1 comment:
Hi Alisha! So glad that you got to come to our small group tonight! I liked your post. Forgiveness is so hard, but it's amazing that God forgives us for absolutely anything! Have a great day!
Post a Comment