It's late.
I want to go to bed early.
So this will be a short and sweet update.
Thursday:
Got some blood work done to see if I am still vitamin D deficient. Hopefully, I will find out about that sometime this week.
I went the Thursday night bible study. We don't have a name right now for the group. So it's temporarily being called "Then Best Group With No Name." We went over the introduction to the book Velvet Elvis. I am excited about it. I was very nervous about going. I thought about not going at the last minute. Then I told myself to get my lazy bum up off the couch. So I did. I got a chance to talk to Ted, who is leading our Thursday night group. I hadn't talked to him in years. He was the youth pastor when I was in high school. Apparently, he had been praying for me all week since he had seen me in Sunday School the previous Sunday. It is such a neat feeling to know someone has been praying for you :)
That was the best part about my online prayer request. I got an email for each time someone prayed for me. It was such a blissful feeling. There was also talk about possibly going to see the circus when it comes to town. I had secretly been thinking about the circus all week. Our reading story for the week was about elephants that paint. I love elephants. The last time I went to the circus was in high school. I love the circus. I really hope I get to go to the circus.
Friday
I overslept, and not by a little bit either. I even went to bed early Thursday night because I was so tired. It was a yucky way to start my day. I felt frustrated and embarrassed. Mom talked me out of crying on my way to work. The only thing I learned from that is that people at work really care about me. They were worried about me. Mom felt bad so we went to Cheeburger Cheeburger for dinner. I love that place. We also went to Barnes and Noble and she got some Valentine's Day books for my class. I used a gift card and bought a crochet book for $4.20. We also went to Wal-Mart that night. I hate going to Wal-Mart and avoid it like the plague. Mom loves it and could spend hours there. She had been so nice to me that I agreed to go with her, but we had to be out in 30 minutes. I got another alarm clock. I have 8 on my phone, 2 on my main alarm clock, and 1 on the alarm clock I got for Christmas. I got some new crochet hooks, because I have lost several of mine. I got fun sprinkles and heart paper to make Valentine's Day cupcakes. I also got supplies to make a fun new headband. Mom was way kinder than she should have been. I could tell she felt bad for my bad day. I also scared her while driving to dinner by gasping really loud about this funny billboard and I also accidentally let out Harry, my mom's dog, without knowing it. She said I gave her three big scares in one day.
Saturday:
I got up early and went over to Leah's for a pampered chef party. It was the first real shopping moment of the month. I got lots of fun things like a meat tenderizer, coating trays (so I can have a simpler way to bread fish and chicken), egg separator (which will work well for making oreo and and cake balls), a core and more to get the tops off strawberries and you can make melon balls with it. I ordered enough to get a free loaf pan that I had been looking at buying. I can't wait for them to come in! I also did some J.Crew shopping with Ashley, my personal shopper. I got a pink/salmon colored cardigan and a pretty gray dress. Best part was using the gift cards so it was free! We had dinner at Cantina Laredo to celebrate Ashley's birthday and we saw a movie afterwards. I loved hanging out with Ashley, Kyle, and Ashley's family. I need to make a trip to Birmingham soon!
Sunday:
I went to Sunday School. I am loving our prayer series, Too Busy Not To Pray. I met up with Kyle and Ashley for church after Sunday School. After church, Mom and I went to Hartselle to my grandparents. Uncle Tommy was in town so it was an extra special day. I got Dari-Delite chicken fingers which always makes me happy :) Best chicken fingers ever! Mom and I made a trip out to Belk after leaving my Grandmother's. She had a $10 credit that expired today and some coupons. I bought myself a beautiful Arthur Court bread tray with elephants on it! It will match my elephant bowl and spoon rest. I know I am obsessed! We went grocery shopping and I saved over $23 or 26%. I love coupons! Mom offered to make dinner for us. I wasn't about to turn down a free meal that included steak and lobster, ha :)
I am BLESSED!
Love never fails....And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- alishakatherine
- Alabama, United States
- I graduated from the University of Alabama. I teach 1st grade. I am thankful for my many blessings.
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(42)
-
▼
January
(16)
- five fun facts...Kappa Alpha Theta edition!
- sometimes my students really do say nice things
- ups and downs of life
- Happy Birthday Ashley!
- Sunday School and Bible Studies
- What I did over my snow break
- snow day...err...snow week
- five fun facts is back!
- Go Ducks!
- kids say the darndest things...sort of...or maybe not
- as seen on facebook...while I am working on smartb...
- Guess which resolution will be the hardest to keep!
- church and new year's resolutions
- One of the songs from church this morning
- my Christmas decorations
- Christmas gifts
-
▼
January
(16)
No comments:
Post a Comment