Monday, June 8, 2009

I am falling apart and I am only 24...




Saturday morning I woke up in severe pain in my back/right shoulder. I took 3 advil, ate breakfast, and put a heating pad on it. I continued with 3 advil every 4 hours to dull the pain. I didn't mention anything to mom (I took her out to dinner for her birthday). Sunday morning I wake up at 7, even though my alarm wasn't scheduled to go off unitl 8:45 for church. Once again severe pain in my back. It hurt so much that I could hardly move and I had tears in my eyes. So I call mom, wish her a happy birthday, and explain my back woes. She thinks it might be hurting because of Bella. Yes, Bella is my 6 pound malti-poo. Although it might seem unlikely that she could cause this much pain, mom has a good theory. Bella's leash is a 15 foot retractable leash. When I come home after being gone all day, or when I take her out in the morning, she takes off running. The hurt part comes in when she reaches the end of the retractable leash it causes a hard jerk on the shoulder of the arm I am holding the leash, usually the right arm. Several times the jerk was so sudden and hard that the leash has come out of my hand. Back to the main story, mom thinks my hurt shoulder could be from the frequent jerking from Bella. I haven't been sleeping funny. I have had the same pillow for years and my mattress is two years old. But regardless of the cause, I hurt. Really bad. All day I have taken my 3 advil and switched between ice pack and heating pads. Right now it is a dull pain, but instead of just my right upper back/shoulder it is across the top of my whole back. It feels very tight. I am crossing my fingers and saying a prayer that it will be better tomorrow. If not, I might be at the doctor's office.

In other news, summer is going well. I am working at school 3 days a week to make some extra money and prevent severe boredum. I also am changing rooms so it will give me some time to move my stuff and get ready for the fall while getting paid :) Lacy's wedding is this weekend. I will try to take some pictures. The weekend after that I am going wedding/bridesmaid dress shopping with Ashley (friend from high school) who got engaged a couple of weeks ago. She is getting married next May. I know of three other weddings in June. I guess I know what my extra money will be spent on. Oh, well.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Alabama, United States
I graduated from the University of Alabama. I teach 1st grade. I am thankful for my many blessings.

Followers