I began taking dance lessons when I was three years old. By the time I graduated high school I had 15 years of dance. 12 of those years were at The Dance Company with Beth and Julie. When I was little they were like moms to me. Later they were like older sisters to me. My last few years they were like really good friends. They have seen me grow up and they were a huge impact on my life.
When I was young I started helping them teach the 3 and 4 year old classes. It was my first job and I kept it until I graduated. Of course in the beginning I just volunteered, but I did such a good job they offered to pay me to do it. It was there, teaching little girls how to dance, that I found something I love. Teaching. Beth and Julie also were the first people I babysat for. I felt rather old seeing Jordan, Julie's son, because he is in 7th grade and taller than me. Their family became part of my family. Their husbands, children, and parents were always so kind to me.
I had a wonderful time at recital. I didn't realize how much I missed seeing them, talking to them, and hanging out with them. In honor of The Dance Company being open for 20 years a group of alumnae joined together to dance at the recital. Of course I was apart of it :) I didn't realize how much I missed dance. Well, I think I missed more of the social aspect of it. After working 10 hours a day I don't have the energy for dancing.
I did get frustrated with my mom and her sour attitude regarding the whole recital. She didn't have any nice things to say about it. Everyone said I did a good job in the dance, even people at school. Everyone, but mom. She is still bitter about things with Becca. Whatever. I have wonderful memories at The Dance Company and I love Beth and Julie. I am happy to report that I did an excellent job of biting my tongue when Mom decided to complain about things.
After we danced I stayed backstage to watch the rest of the recital. My ADD moments were in high gear watching the recital from the audience. Plus, backstage I got to hang out with Mark, Julie's husband, and Mr. Bill, Julie's dad. I talked with Mark a lot. He asked if I was dating anybody. I guess that is the standard "I haven't seen you in a while" question. It comes right after, "How are you?" I get the dating question A LOT. I don't mind the question. I mind my answer. It is always the same answer. Mark asked about what I do when I am not teaching or sleeping. Sadly, I don't do much besides teach and sleep. Well, outside of football season at least. He tried to make suggestions on ways to get out and meet people, especially guys. Maybe my new apartment will be help.
Yup! I have a new apartment. I will be moving to Madison Park on June 23rd! Yay! I am super excited. My new apartment is a lot bigger and I get a sunroom. Maybe one day I can buy a desk and have a specific place for all of my school stuff. I also LOVE my new kitchen. It is really big and open and looks out into the dining room and living room. The bathroom is a lot bigger, too. I can't wait.
Thanks for the prayers! They worked. School stuff is working out good, and my apartment situation.

2 comments:
I'm glad your apt drama resolved itself! You should find me an apt in bham since you're apparently so good at it. :-) Don't let your mom's complaints get you down.
You are full of good news! What a special experience to have a reunion/recital! I can't wait to find out more about your new apartment.
Post a Comment