Well, yesterday was my second day of physical therapy. I go again tomorrow (Wednesday) and Friday. Next week I go three times, too. I am hoping that the following two weeks I can go twice a week. My physical therapist originally said four weeks. I don't mind going to physical therapy. I can tell that it is working. Last week the physical therapist said I have flat feet. When I told my mom she said, "You can thank your Dad for that. He had flat feet." Thanks Dad :) Now that I know about my flat feet I went and bought some new shoes to help. I prefer to wear flip flops all day every day. I know flip flops aren't good for your feet. They provide zero support. So I went and bought some Chaco's. They provide arch support and mold to your feet. I also got some new tennis shoes. There was this super sweet girl working at Dick's Sporting Goods that helped me find a shoe for my feet. I was very thankful for her!
The only problem with physical therapy is that I am missing extended day. If I don't work extended day I don't get paid for extended day. So May's paycheck (I think) will be less than usual which means I will have to be even more careful with my spending. Fun fun. That reminds me of a funny phone call I got yesterday. Visa called and told me to press 1 if I wanted to lower my interest rate. Sounded like good idea to me so I pressed one.
The guy asked if my credit card debt was over $5,000. Umm...no. Then he asked how much I owe on all of my credit cards. I have about $40 on my Victoria's Secret card from when I went shopping a couple of weeks ago. Due to a mix up as to when my payment was processed for Belk I have a $90 credit. I paid my bill. Then when I checked later it said I hadn't and added a late fee. So I paid it again. Both payments got processed minus a late fee which gave me the credit. Every other card is happily sitting at $0. My visa has $130 from my mom and I's pampered chef order on Saturday. I love Pampered Chef! The visa guy said I didn't meet the qualifications to receive a lower interest rate. Oh well.
Yesterday we had a PTA meeting along with a cultural fair. Our school is like a mini United Nations. Each grade chose a country. First grade had Mexico. I brought chips and salsa from Rosie's. It helps to have connections. Rosie's donated the food. Yay for free food! Downside to PTA meeting: I was SUPER tired afterwards and crashed on the couch after eating my Chick-fil-a. I was too tired to cook. I woke up this morning on my couch. I guess it is a good thing my couch is so comfy :)
I got a new phone this weekend! Yipee! It is a Motorola Atrix. It's a smart phone. I now have the bible with me where ever I go which I think it is so cool. I also downloaded a few games like Angry Birds and Words with Friends. I also found several kiddie educational games to use at school. I put my phone under the document camera which displays the screen on the smart board. The kids think it is super cool!
I also want to say a big thank you for all of the kind words and prayers y'all have given me. It means the world to me. The past few weeks have been challenging, but it is getting better and it makes me thankful that I have such wonderful people in my life.
Love never fails....And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- alishakatherine
- Alabama, United States
- I graduated from the University of Alabama. I teach 1st grade. I am thankful for my many blessings.
1 comment:
The chips and salsa were a huge hit! I hope you keep feeling better! You are going to love your phone.
Post a Comment