Saturday, April 23, 2011

my busy life

It's a lazy Saturday afternoon. I am loving it! I slept in. I took a cat nap. I am watching Alabama beat Texas in the Rose Bowl to win a National Championship. Life is great!

I really needed this lazy day. It was a long and rough week with the first graders. I can't say anything about it. I am asking for prayers regarding the situation. Thank you.

26 days of school until summer break!

They are having a dunking booth at Field Day. I volunteered to be in it. One of my precious little boys told me to have bad hair that day, because I was getting dunked.

Physical therapy has been going good. I think I have two more weeks to go.

I am going White Water Rafting in July. It came up on groupon last week and a group from church is going. I have a slight fear of water, and at one time swore I would never go. Prayers will be needed for that as well.

I am loving my new phone! I bought some educational games I play with my students at school. They love it. I like to play angry birds and words with friends. I am pretty bad at words with friends, but it is fun.

A few weeks ago I had dinner at Ruth Chris Steakhouse. My mom's boss, Mr. David, was celebrating 25 years of Steak Out and I got to be my mom's date. I felt rather fancy eating dinner there. I also realized that it might be the only time I eat there because my cheap self can't justify spending $100 on dinner.



Me and Mr. David

Mr. David is also super cool and has sky box tickets at Bryant-Denny. The past four years he shared those tickets with me for our spring game, the A-Day game. This year I wasn't planning on going. Correction: At one point I was going to go with the BF, but now he is the ex-BF so I wasn't going to go. Most of my friends don't live in Tuscaloosa anymore. Although there was 92,310 or so people at the game, most of my friends don't care to go. I definitely didn't want to sit in the sun for a few hours to watch a scrimmage game. I would have ended up red like a tomato.  Well last Friday my mom sent me a message asking if I wanted the sky box tickets. Truthfully, sky box tickets were the only reason I decided to go. I love sitting in the box! So I told her yes. She asked who I was going to take with me. Becca had plans. There was a brief moment I thought about asking the ex-BF. Then I decided I didn't care to do that. It would have just been the two of us. I see him a good bit at church, but that is in a group setting. So I asked my mom if she would like to come, and she said she would come with me. Then I remembered my friend Laura still lives in Tuscaloosa. She is a football fanatic like me and I knew she wouldn't mind watching a scrimmage game, especially from the sky box.

Me and Laura in the skybox
 
I made some really good apple dip this week. I thought I would share it with y'all. Also, then I won't forget it :)
 
1 bar of cream cheese
1/2 a cup of white sugar
1/2 a cup of brown sugar
toffee bits (I probably used 1/3 a cup, but you can use as much or as little as you like.)
Mix the cream cheese, white sugar, and brown sugar with a mixer. Stir in the toffee bits. Eat with apples and enjoy! Or if you lack self control eat it with a spoon! It is that good.
 

me and Rachel

This is one of my very best friends Rachel. We have been friends since Bid Day way back in 2003. That's 7 and a half years. It doesn't seem like it has been that long since freshman year. Rachel called me last week. I missed the call because I was at the bowling alley and didn't hear my phone ring. It surprised me, because neither of us are phone-talkers. She even left me a voice message. So without thinking, I called her back. She had big news to share with me. She's engaged! It didn't come as much of a shock. Brad and Rachel have been dating for a few years. They are precious together. They met at law school, because they are both super smart. They're both really tall, too. Thus looking precious together.



The happy engaged couple on our trip to California for the National Championship game.


me and the cute couple
I am so excited about this wedding! 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Aww....thanks for special mention on your blog. I'll pray for your class. It's only a few more weeks, I know you can make it.

About Me

My photo
Alabama, United States
I graduated from the University of Alabama. I teach 1st grade. I am thankful for my many blessings.

Followers