Friday, December 24, 2010

blog stalking and engagements

Since I am off work for Christmas break, I have lots of free time. LOTS of free time. TOO MUCH free time. I have been blog stalking this one girl Kelly's blog. I got really sucked into her blog. I ought to be embarassed by how much time I have spent reading her blog. I'm not. I read the whole thing. I feel like we could be the best of friends. She's a fan of SEC football, but she is a fan of the other U of A (Arkansas). She starting going gray at a young age, too. I started to find gray hair about 10 or so years ago. Now, I wouldn't be 100% gray now if I didn't color my hair. I would just have more obvious gray streaks. Truthfully, I only starting coloring it in the past 2-3 years. Before that it didn't bug me. It doesn't bug me now that I have gray hair. I just got annoyed by other people's comments. Kelly also talks about her struggles being single and wanting to get married. She turned 30 a month after getting married. When she talks about her single years I feel like we are kindred spirits. It's not easy. People ask lots of questions. It seems like everyone is getting married. I had NINE weddings to go to last summer. NINE! That is ridiculous. Although as of right now I have none planned for this summer! I already have 3 bridesmaid dresses in my closet. It is currently engagement season on facebook. I have lost count as to the number of facebook status updates over the past couple of weeks saying, "I'm engaged!" Every one of them are younger than me. And engagement season will continue for another couple of weeks. I also know grown adults that have kids (all younger than me) that are getting married. It weirds me out. I feel like God is teaching me a lesson in patience or at least trying to teach me a lesson in patience. I try to remind myself that the plans I make for my life can't compare to the plans God has for my life.
"God is able to immeasureably more than all we could ask or imagine."
Ephesians 3:20

Then I find myself stumbling upon other people's blogs from Kelly's blog. Moments ago I found this blog post with a wonderful recipe I am DYING to try. Maybe I will make it for New Year's! :)

There are lots of blogs out there that break my heart with tragedies. And every on of those blogs still has an uplifting message. It makes me put things back into perspective in regards to my life. I get upset and whiney over silly, stupid things. I have A LOT to be thankful for. I need that reminder. I tend to focus more on what I don't have.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Alabama, United States
I graduated from the University of Alabama. I teach 1st grade. I am thankful for my many blessings.

Followers