Tuesday, March 30, 2010

some past cooking adventures

hashbrowns

french toast

not quite as good as IHOP's :)


Paula Dean's cheesy mac

*I knew I wasn't a fan of sour cream. I was hopeful that it could be one of those things that I could cook with and still like. Not so much. Besides that is a heck of a lot of mac and cheese. I had lots of leftovers, and it wasn't that good the first time.



seaseme chicken strips courtesy of Paula Deen


This also involved sour cream. It wasn't my favorite. I liked the breading so I might do it again sans sour cream. But at least I tried something new. My five year old self would be amazed!




Chocolate Caramel Cake

Absolutely wonderful! But it involves german chocolate cake, a jar of caramel, and can of condensed milk, cool whip, and chocolate morsels. What could go wrong?!






So yummy! Becca and Ryan liked it too! Although Ryan isn't picky and is smart enough, finally, to know better to say something mean.





My favorite! Caramel Sticky Buns
And your caramel sticky buns, very simple...
1. melt 1/2 stick butter and pour in a 9 in round cake pan (make sure you grease the pan)
2. pour 1/2 jar caramel ice cream topping over the top
3. sprinkle chopped pecans as desired
4. sprinkle cinnamon as desired
5. quarter 1 can grands biscuits and stuff on top!
6. bake 18-20 on 375 or until golden brown and not doughy in the middle!!
7. take a plate and put on top and flip it out of the pan so the caramel and nuts are on top
I have also made red velvet cake cookies. They are just like the chocolate cake cookies pictured earlier just with red velvet cake mix. I made chocolate chip cookies. The Nestle TollHouse version (said the same way Phoebe said it in FRIENDS). You have to love a good FRIENDS reference :) The girls at work said they have never made the Nestle TollHouse version as good as me! Yay! I also made super yummy snickerdoodle cookies. I will try and be better about taking pictures of my cooking adventures.








No comments:

About Me

My photo
Alabama, United States
I graduated from the University of Alabama. I teach 1st grade. I am thankful for my many blessings.

Followers