Sunday, March 28, 2010

a recap of the past few days

Here is my get well soon plant that was sent to my apartment. It was signed first grade friend, so I am not sure exactly who sent it.


This is a bruise from the IV.
Another view of my IV bruise.
This is my bruise from getting blood drawn .
Another picture of the same bruise. This is also why I have never given blood. I look battered and abused.

**I tried to get the pictures to go in the right spot with my blog. It wouldn't work. I will try harder next time.


Well, you might be wondering why I have decided to come back to my blog. This lovely blog has reinspired me to return to the blog world
http://playing-grown-up.blogspot.com
I found this blog on facebook when it came up on my news feed. I even met this super cool blogger once. She is a friend of a friend. I think her blog is wonderful. I liked it so much that I went back and reread everything she has ever posted. I stayed up till past 4:00 in the morning reading.

Now why would I be up that late you might ask. Good question. I have gotten way off my sleep schedule, which deserves its own post anyways, over the past few days due to pain medicine and surgery. I had surgery last Thursday. It was nothing major. I am sore and tired, but I am hopeful about returning to school on Monday. I was reminded during this whole surgery process of just how easily I bruise. I have often told people that I bruise easily, but most dismissed it as me being overly clumsy. Tuesday, before the surgery, I had to get blood drawn for some tests. As soon as the lady stuck me with the needle my arm started turning blue. She did her job well and quickly, but it didn't matter. Right now that bruise is blue and brown in color and rather obvious to anybody that sees me. Then on my wrist I have a brown and blue bruise from the IV. That one isn't as obvious, but it is still there. When I left the surgery center they had placed a bandage on the spot and wrapped it with an ace bandage. Later that night, my mom brought me dinner and commented that she thought I could take the bandage off. Well, I did and she didn't make it far from my apartment before I called her to come back. Shortly after removing the bandage a big blue knot appeared on my wrist. It hurt! and it was a bit scary. Mom quickly returned and said it was alright and I shouldn't be alarmed. I put ice on it and it eventually went away. So I have been at home recovering ever since.


Saturday was my first day to get out of the apartment and my pajamas. I went to Bridgestreet with Ashley for a bit of shopping. I found a gorgeous dress at Ann Taylor Loft. I need new dresses for all the weddings and showers I get to attend in the upcoming months. That also deserves its own post. We then met up with Allyson at Monaco to see Remember Me with Robert Pattinson. The movie was good. It wasn't a happy go lucky kind of movie, which are my favorite. However, we went to see the movie to watch Robert Pattinson so all was well in the world. He is rather cute, but not cute enough to not look a fool smoking cigarettes. It makes me really excited to see Eclipse this summer. Ashley and I have seen each of the Twilight movies together and we convinced each other to read the books prior to watching the first movie. Then we were hooked. Luckily, her fiance Kyle isn't a Twilight fan and is happy to share Ashley with me so we can act like teenagers with crushes on R Patz :) I will need to send him a thank you note for that. Truth be told Kyle is probably happy that I love all things Twilight so Ashley doesn't have to drag him to see the movies.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Alabama, United States
I graduated from the University of Alabama. I teach 1st grade. I am thankful for my many blessings.

Followers