So here is a recap on my life over the past month or so....
I went to a Cinco de Mayo party at Bridgestreet with Rachel, Kyle, and Trey. I love Cinco de Mayo! Plus it is my half birthday and I believe in celebrating half birthdays :) I told my kids at school that it was my half birthday. They didn't know about half birthdays so I had to explain it and have them figure out when their half birthday is. While at the Cinco de Mayo party I spotted Kenneth Darby. He is from Huntsville. I remember when he scored the winning touchdown against Bob Jones his senior year in the final minute of the game. He also played for 4 years at Alabama. He was a great running back and he now plays for the St. Louis Rams. I knew it was him when I saw him, but it took me a little bit to work up the courage to talk to him. I introduced myself and told I was a fellow Alabama alum. He was sweet enough to take a picture with me. I was really excited as you can tell since I look super cheesy and you can see ALL of my teeth!
In one of my last posts I asked for prayers for me and one of my students. I can't talk about the situation directly, but I want to thank y'all for the prayers. Things got better for everyone, but don't stop the praying.
Speaking of school, school is almost over! I have half a day with my students on Tuesday, PD on Wednesday, and "work" day on Thursday. The last work day of the year usually means clocking in and leaving :) I can't believe I am almost done with my fourth year of teaching! I am blessed to have gotten a job where I did and teaching 1st grade. I am amazed that after four years I am still at the same school teaching 1st grade. I was reminded of just how blessed I am this past week. I have friends that are still looking for a full time teaching job after graduating last year. I have friends that recently got pink slipped from their teaching jobs due to the economy and proration. It stinks. I am praying for them. I still vividly remember the summer after graduation and applying and interviewing for jobs. I got my job at the last minute, and at that point I had given up on finding a job at all. God had a plan for me and luckily he didn't give up.
I have a little bitty break from school ending and summer camp starting. On Thursday, my "work" day, I am leaving to go to the beach, Niceville to be specific. I am going with some girls from Compass, my small group at church. I am so thankful to be apart of such a wonderful group. They have become some of my best friends. I knew I needed to get involved and find a peer group. I got 10 times what I hoped to get out of the group. They're amazing people. I am also thankful that I didn't give up and quit after the break up.
I did some online shopping at Willow House which is owned by Southern Living. I got a new ruffly half apron for 50% off, a napkin holder, and a cook book holder. The cook book holder is my favorite and makes cooking and following a recipe a lot easier! I also got a pretty salt and pepper shaker and its stand is elephant heads. I also got this pretty beautiful trivet that has the seal from the University of Alabama. I am once again on a kick of buying things for my apartment. I want it to look pretty. I need to start having people over since I am spending so much time and money making it look nice.
Love never fails....And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Monday, May 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- alishakatherine
- Alabama, United States
- I graduated from the University of Alabama. I teach 1st grade. I am thankful for my many blessings.

2 comments:
Enjoy your vacation! I am glad you are happy. :)
Woohoo I made your blog! I am so glad you didn't stop coming too, Favorite! <3
Post a Comment