it's been over a month since I have updated this....
why?
because I am struggling to keep my head above water when it comes to school. That's why. I keep thinking this is my 5th year to teach. It is suppose to get easier. I feel unbelievably exhausted. Not tired, exhausted. The only change is an extra 30 minutes of extended day. 30 minutes. That's it. I am paying a high price for those 30 minutes. I come home from work each day and if I don't have something to do (like run errands or spend time with my mom) I am asleep on the couch by 7:00. I might sleep for an hour or two or three. I fix something for dinner when I have the energy to do so. Who knows when that might be. I nap after dinner. Then I wake up and go to bed. I sound like a newborn. ugh! I thought it was just taking me longer to adjust to school, but we just finished the first 9 weeks. I was hoping the sleeping medicine would help, but it isn't a cure-all. I keep thinking I don't know how working moms or single moms do it. I can barely take care of me and Bella.
On a happier note it is my favorite season of the year! Football season! My University of Alabama Crimson Tide is undefeated! Roll Tide! My mom called me last Friday with the news that she could order tickets to the Ole Miss and Mississippi State games in Oxford and Starkville, respectively. After a quick text to a friend and transferring money over to my mom the tickets were ordered. They arrived today! This will take two more things off my bucket list. I want to see Alabama win in every SEC stadium. I am also super excited about the biggest game of the year...Alabama vs. LSU. This will be a epic game and will determine who goes on to play (and win) the national championship. Oh, and the big game is on my birthday! Any guesses as to what I want for my birthday? The other good thing about my birthday being on game day is that hopefully (fingers crossed) I will be distracted by the game and won't feel grumpy about turning 27. I don't know what it is about 27, but I don't like it.
Speaking of upcoming events I get to wear a pretty purple dress in a few weeks when one of my best friends gets married. I have several weddings coming up which seems unusual to me because I got so use to the summer wedding rush. I am looking forward to pretty fall, winter, and spring weddings. My other favorite thing about weddings are trips and parties. We had a girls beach weekend that was wonderful. We had a fun fiesta to celebrate the happy couple. My trip to Birmingham included seeing Ashley and Kyle which always makes me happy. We window shopped around Homewood, ate some of the best bbq ever at Saw's, and had an amazing cupcake at Dreamcakes. That wonderful cupcake put the Gigi's cupcakes I have gotten used to to shame. It also led me to make a quick trip to Barnes and Noble to buy the Dreamcakes cookbook. Which is just another reason to love Dreamcakes, because now I can attempt to recreate my cupcake in all of its wonder!
My fall break has come to an end. I am rather sad about it ending, but still very thankful to have one. I spent it sleeping in, but not past 10:00. I got to clean up my apartment. I know it doesn't sound exciting but it made me happy. I still have some cleaning to do, but I feel a lot better seeing how much I was able to accomplish. With my free time Monday I was able to cook dinner (poppyseed chicken) for my mom and Ms. Lynne.
Speaking of my mom please keep her in your prayers. She had surgery on her knee (meniscus) way back at the end of June. Fast forward to mid-October and she is still dependent upon the crutches or cane to walk. After several doctor's visits, a steroid shot, an x-ray, and a MRI we know that her thigh bone is dying. I didn't realize that bones could die. She is trying to keep the weight bearing to a minimum so that the bone will start to regenerate. She goes back to the doctor in a few weeks. Hoping and praying that things get better and she doesn't need a total knee replacement. Becca is dealing with a lot right now with school work and personal issues. She could benefit from some prayers, too.
Love never fails....And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- alishakatherine
- Alabama, United States
- I graduated from the University of Alabama. I teach 1st grade. I am thankful for my many blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment